The Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union offers linguistic traineeships for university graduates or students from the Member States of the EU who wish to acquire an understanding of the Translation Centre´s work and gain professional experience.
In accordance with Administrative Decision No 1/2010 on traineeships offered by the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union, the Translation Centre is organizing a selection procedure for the following six trainee positions in 2019:
- 1 Italian translator (Translation Department)
- 1 German translator (Translation Department)
- 1 Estonian translator (Translation Department)
- 1 Terminologist (Translation Support Department)
- 2 Linguists specialised in automatic translation and computer assisted translation tools or document engineering students with proven skills in foreign languages (preferably postgraduate) (Translation Support Department)
The Translation Centre (CdT) is a multinational and dynamic workplace. It offers job opportunities to experts in the language field, as well as to professionals in other corporate functions within its various departments.
Recruitment takes place by means of selection procedures. Successful candidates are offered contracts as EU officials, temporary staff or contract staff. The working and contractual conditions are based on the staff rules applicable to EU institutions, namely the Staff Regulations of Officials of the European Union and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union.
Vacancies are open to nationals of the EU Member States.
The Centre also offers traineeships, especially to university students from the EU Member States and to nationals from candidate countries who wish to acquire an understanding of the Centre’s areas of activity and gain personal experience in a multicultural and multilingual environment.